What is the SAT and why is it important?
The SAT is an entrance exam that will be used by most colleges and universities you may apply to in making admissions decisions.
There are 3 SAT sections:
The New SAT Writing section includes an essay, which is optional. Start to finish, the SAT test will take you 3 hours (without Essay) and 3 hours 50 minutes (with Essay). Each section is scored on a 400 to 1600 point scale, making 1600 a perfect score.
It is one of the factors in the admissions decision. Schools also consider your high school GPA, academic transcript, letters of recommendation, interviews and personal essays. The weight placed on SAT scores varies from school to school.
FTI’s SAT Prep Course includes:
Prepare with FTI for your SAT
Our instructors are highly capable and have a track record of producing high-scorers in competitive entrance tests. Wither your dream is the Ivy League or your dream university program in Canada and are looking to perform well in the SATs for a scholarship, we will help you achieve your goals.
SAT Exam Preparation
See a brief outlook into the topics you’ll be learning below. For a more detailed course content please get in touch.
READING AND WRITING
- Reading Test
- Writing and Language Test
- No more sentence completions; focus on multiple-meaning words
- Passages will draw from significant historical or scientific documents – may include informational graphics, such as charts
- The reading passages will include complex structure and vocabulary
- Passage-based grammar – including punctuation
MATH Focuses on:
- Application-based, multi-step questions
- Higher-level math, including trigonometry
- One set of “extended-thinking” grid-in questions (worth 4 points);
- Core math competencies (translating math into English and English into math)
- A deep understanding of the theories behind mathematical principles, such as building Equations
SAT Exam Fee
|SAT||$52 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee ($47 for UAE Students)|
|SAT with Essay||$68 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee ($47 for UAE Students)|
International SAT Test Dates in Dubai 2021
Below is a list of anticipated international SAT test dates in Dubai. Please note that these dates are subject to change.
2021-22 International SAT Administration Dates (Anticipated)
- August 28, 2021
- October 2, 2021
- December 4, 2021
- March 12, 2022
- May 7, 2022
SAT Subject Tests have been discontinued in the United States, and will be discontinued internationally after June 2021. Learn more.